PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2007 Grant Burge Daly Road Shiraz Mourvedre


This is a good wine and yet I struggled with it. At $18 I’d say it’s decent value but I’d likely go for other wines at the same price.

On the nose there are some nice aromas of berry, cherry and a hint of vanilla, but this is also mixed with some herbal notes. While herbal aromas can work really well in some wines I don’t think it does so in this case. On the palate it is smooth with decent line and length. It tastes of red and black fruits, along with some nice mint chocolate and liquorice. However, it also finishes with some bitter, herbal notes. Once again I often like wines that have a slightly bitter finish, but for some reason this just doesn’t work for me.

It’s a decent wine for the price, especially in terms of the slightly more objective elements of a wine like length and balance, but the flavours of the wine just don’t work for me. Other people may well enjoy it a lot more.

Details
Rated:


RRP: $18
ABV: 14.5%
Website: http://www.grantburgewines.com.au/


Red

No comments:

 
Blog Design by: Designer Blogs